Managing Challenging Conversations
This module will give you a framework to utilise when tackling challenging conversations so that you can manage them with confidence.
What will I learn?
On completion of this course you will have an overview of:
- The behaviours of others and the importance of productive 2-way conversations
- The importance of managing challenging conversations
- Key skills, tools and techniques to effectively manage a challenging conversation
- How to prepare for a challenging conversation
- The AID Framework to be used when having challenging conversations
- How to address sensitive subject matters such as bullying, emotional issues and resistance to criticism
- When and how to speak out and address concerns
- Accepting constructive feedback
- How to support and encourage staff to handle challenging conversations constructively