Manager: Senior mechanical engineer
Date: February 2017
The Building and Engineering Services Association (BESA) is a UK-based trade and employers’ association that provides services to and represents the interests of 1,200 organisations.
BESA members are UK firms active in the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of building and engineering services, products and equipment.
The Technical Department
The Technical Department offers direct access to guidance to members on technical and health and safety matters which relate to activities within the building services sector and also to the wider construction sector.
For example on:
- Statutory Requirements
- British and European Standards
- Industry guidance and good practice
- Environmental issues
- Quality assurance
- Technical standards
BESA publishes a range of codes of practice relating to specific technical and health and safety aspects that are widely respected
The Department also assists members with H&S issues, from guidance in establishing safety management systems, preparing health & safety policies or information on new and existing regulations and expert guidance on current best practice.
Why the BESA?
- The BESA are looking for talented and enthusiastic engineers as we build our technical department and establish our technical credibility across the sector.
- An opportunity to work across the building engineering sector with key contractors and contributors
- Hands-off management approach allowing you to manage your own time and work-load and to judge what issues and emerging technologies in the sector to cover
- Propose projects that will add value to our members and take the lead on executing them
- Encouraged to attend Exhibitions, Seminars and Training Courses as frequently as possible to develop learning and build a network – get out of the office and meet people
- 35 hour week with flexibility around core hours and a friendly working atmosphere
The Role of the Mechanical Engineer
The post holder is responsible to the Technical Department to assist in the provision and development of technical services to BESA members.
- Be the single point of contact for all technical queries received from members, disseminating requests to the responsible engineer.
- The maintenance and development of a portfolio of published health and safety, technical and sustainability standards, plus guidance covering the full range of member contracting activities.
- Authoring and publishing technical bulletins to Association members.
- Keeping abreast of relevant developments relating to the technical and safety aspects of the building services sector.
- The implementation and delivery of safety and technical initiatives as appropriate e.g. revitalising health and safety
- Carrying out projects and day-to-day activities in order to fulfil the departmental and Association strategic objectives.
- Supporting the BESA Technical Department in the day-to-day running of the department.
Skills and knowledge
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Building Engineering Services and/or Sustainability Engineering specialism.
- A sound working knowledge of the technical requirements of building services industry.
- A sound working knowledge of the requirements of Facilities Management in relation to Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
- Proficient in written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient IT skills – familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working within the industry
- Good working knowledge/understanding of H&S requirements of the building services sector.
- To have a thorough understanding of the building services industry.
- To have a thorough understanding of the technical issues which affect the building services industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of technical experts in the mechanical sector and with Association members.
- An inquisitive mind with an interest in technical innovation within the sector.
- Ability to interact at all levels and manage a small team.
- Willing attitude and readiness to take on new challenges.
- Commercially aware.
- Able to travel within the UK.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
To apply for the position please email a covering letter and CV along with salary expectations to email@example.com.