Monday, June 8, 2020
BESA Job Opening Training Development Specialist
Training Development Specialist
TRAINING DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Apply for the vacancy here
The Building Engineering Services Association is the UK's leading trade organisation for building engineering services contractors – representing the interests of firms active in the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, control and management of engineering systems and services in buildings. Want to find out more? Why not check our website? www.thebesa.com
The BESA Academy is the training arm of the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) providing Apprenticeships, End Point Assessments, Experienced Worker pathways, Short Course and CPD to its Members and the wider industry. After changing its strategic model in line with the BESA’s Membership offer it is now growing in strength and coverage. We are committed to supporting our Trade Association members in driving a recognisably competent workforce for our sector for the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Identify learning solutions by researching performance gaps, likely demand, products already available and establishing feasibility
- Produce appropriate, viable learning and assessment content to meet identified performance gaps; that can be delivered using a variety of methods; and meets the appropriate approval, accreditation or regulatory body recognition.
- Produce and administer relevant quality assurance processes and procedures to ensure and maintain integrity of learning solutions.
- Undertake consultation using surveys, meetings and workshops to ensure industry support, to gain the appropriate approvals and where necessary, to gain recognition (e.g. from regulatory bodies).
- Undertake piloting, validation and evaluation of learning solutions to ensure they are and remain, fit for their intended purpose.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with association staff, association members, employers, providers, learners and strategic partners; to support development and implementation of learning solutions.
- Provide effective management of allocated projects, including sub-contractors and member contributions where necessary
- Fully adhere to all operational policies and procedures
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of BESA Adademy’s products, services and processes.
Skills & Knowledge - Essential
- Experience in development of training and assessment content.
- Technical qualification and background in at least one of the main heating, ventilating air conditioning or refrigeration; craft or technician occupations.
- Capable project manager, able to prioritise activities and resources across a range of projects and deliver to time, quality and cost.
- Understanding of quality assurance and its application to assessment of qualifications short course outcomes.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
Skills & Knowledge – Desirable
- Experience in development and/or delivery of online training and assessment.
- Experience in the delivery of short training courses and qualifications.
- An up to date knowledge of national training workforce development initiatives, funding regimes and availability.
- Ability to think strategically and develop attractive new products.
- Full, clean driving licence
No job description can cover every issue, which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is therefore expected to carry out other duties as required by their Line Manager from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those in this document.
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Apply for the vacancy here
Share this post