Our upcoming events and conferences for BESA members.Read More
Have you or your staff been working in the building engineering services sector for five or more years but have no formal industry qualifications to recognise your skills and experience?
Do you need to apply for an Engineering Services SKILLcard but don't have the relevant qualifications?
Would you like to update your skill set?
As an employer would you like to up skill your workforce?
If you have answered yes to at least one of the above then BESA Training's Experienced Worker Programme could be right for you.
The Experienced Worker Programme has been introduced to provide recognition of competence for experienced workers who have been working within building services for five years and more but don't hold an industry recognised qualification.
Eligible experienced workers have the opportunity to gain an Engineering Services SKILLcard by demonstrating they have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience using a work based portfolio assessment process to achieve the specified unit/s, without having to undertake college-based examinations. Once registered with BESA Training, you will be provided with an Experienced Worker SKILLcard, once you have met the health and safety requirements.
Unit 230 from the Level 2 NVQ Diploma is ideal for those working within the pipefitting industry.
These units from the Level 3 NVQ Diploma are ideal for those working within the pipefitting industry.
Unit 222 of the Level 2 NVQ Diploma is ideal for those working within the service and maintenance industry.
Unit 326 of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma is ideal for those working within the service and maintenance industry.
You must have been operating at Level 2 or Level 3
In one of the following occupations - H&V Pipefitting, Ductwork Installation or Service and Maintenance
Have at least five years experience in one of the above occupations
1. Register with BESA Training by printing off the application form here.
2. Scan and email your completed application form to training@theBESA.com.
3. One of our BESA Training Representatives will be in touch to discuss your application and if eligible, will let you know when the next course dates are available.
4. You will need to meet the health and safety requirements before BESA Training applies for your SKILLcard.
5. As part of the qualification, you will need to complete a portfolio of evidence from your workplace.
6. You will need to complete either one or two NVQ unit/s in your chosen discipline. This will depend on the level and qualification you have chosen.
BESA Training has provided training and apprenticeships for the building engineering services sector and its employers for over 25 years..Read More
Got a question? Don't panic we have you covered in our extensive Help section.Read More
Get in touch, we are here to help whether it be about apprenticeships, training or recruitment.Read More
Signup to our mailing list for industry news and information from the BESA