Join The Vent Hygiene Register
Apply Online And Start Your VHR Journey Today
Register and complete the online VHR application
We will either approve or be in touch if we require further information
You will be required to complete a Business Management Review (BMR) and Technical Audit
The VHR Team will review your audit and let you know if your are TR19® compliant or if further action is required.
What You Need For Your Application
Applying online is simple, secure and quick. Here is what you need to make your VHR application process as smooth as possible:
- You will require details of your qualified Grease Hygiene Technician/s and their valid qualification certificate/s so you can register them as part of your online application
- Evidence of public liability insurance (a minimum of £2M)
- Evidence of employers liability insurance (as appropriate)
Business Management Review (BMR)
Health and Safety policies
Training and qualifications
- Audit with a VHR Assessor (either online or
- First 5 Audit - upload 5 Post Clean Verification Reports (PCVRs) for review
Read our top tips on how best to prepare for your on-site audit if you are chosen at random.
Qualifications & Training
For the Vent Hygiene Register - the minimum qualification requirement for signing off works is a Grease Hygiene Technician (GHT). We recognise the BESA Academy suite of Ventilation courses and GTOF 04 SCQF Level 5: Ventilation Hygiene Certificate.
If your staff require training, you can find a list of approved training centres on the BESA Academy website.
Pricing & Notifications
An annual Vent Hygiene Register membership is £350, which includes the cost of your audit.
For companies who are BESA members, VHR membership is included within your BESA membership.
Notification of work fees are set as 75p per notification registered on the VHR Hub.
Sign Up To Our VHR Mailing List
Stay up to date with the latest from The Vent Hygiene Register and receive industry news and information from the experts.