The specialist groups within the BESA provide members with an opportunity to address issues and set standards across the disciplines that comprise building engineering services.
- Ventilation The group is committed to maintaining the highest technical, efficiency and safety standards in ductwork manufacture and installation.
- Refrigeration, Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps The group is committed to safeguarding the environment by promoting and improving professionalism in the refrigeration and air conditioning sector.
- Heating & Plumbing Services The group is committed to the delivery of sustainable, energy-efficient heating and plumbing solutions in residential and small commercial buildings.
- Service & Facilities The group is committed to promoting the highest standards in the management and control of engineering services systems and facilities across the built environment. TEMA (The Technology Enabled Maintenance Association) works closely with this group as a specialist interest sub-group. Find out more about them at www.theTEMA.org.uk.
Special Interest Groups
From time to time, special interest groups are formed within the BESA when issues arise that call for particular focus, either for a specific period or on an ongoing basis.
- Ventilation Hygiene – Formed by the Service and Facilities Group, the Ventilation Hygiene Branch was instrumental in the development of the BESA Guide to Good Practice for the Internal Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems (TR19), and continues to focus on topical issues relating to ductwork cleaning.
- Indoor Air Quality – The Indoor Air Quality Strategy Group – membership of which comprises manufacturers and consulting engineers as well as contractors – has been formed to build positive contacts within local and central government and to develop alliances with like-minded organisations.
Joining A specialist or Special interest group
If you would like to get involved and join a group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.